As with any business, excellent standards of service and after service need to be delivered if your customers are to be satisfied. And with a car wash in particular, your choice of cleaning products need to be able to deliver consistently the results they expect, leaving every vehicle spotless and gleaming with a clean, smooth sheen.
So what are the specific issues you should consider when starting a waterless car wash business? Well, we’ve put together just 10 of the biggest concerns which should put your new venture on pretty firm ground.
10 Things To Consider
- Get Your Staffing Right – Only hire people who share your vision of excellence and want to take care of the customers. Make sure they are trained fully to deliver a high-quality wash but also take care of them because happy personnel are more productive. Also, while a small staff of just 2 or 3 may make budgetary sense, on-site studies indicate that since efficiency is the key concern for customers, between 6 and 9 staff members is better in the long run.
- Get Your Location Right – It stands to reason that your business needs to be close to your customer base to have the best chance of succeeding. With a waterless car wash, it’s best to be near highly populated urban areas, and there are a few reasons why. Urban dwellers tend to earn more, so can afford professional car washing services Convenience is a key preference amongst urban dwellers so a car wash is a popular option
- The ‘By Hand’ Value – Automation has made jobs easier in many sectors, not least the popular automatic car wash. But the waterless car wash business has an advantage in offering something that the public generally perceives as being a higher quality – the cleaning is done ‘by hand’. The waterless procedure offers added value in the form of greater attention and care, which can greatly strengthen customer relations.
- Get The Product Right – If you use an inferior cleaning product, the end result will be inferior. Velocity Chemicals’ AQUASAVER Spray-On Waterless Auto Wash is already a leading name with a growing market, not just because it delivers a high quality clean, polish and wax combination, but because it is highly cost efficient. And because it is formulated and distributed in North America, shipment is fast and hassle-free.
- Brand Big, Be Seen – An obvious point but worth repeating, it’s important to make sure your premises is distinguishable against the other businesses in the area. Until your car wash is established, you need every trick to build up customers. Use large and clear logo graphics, catchy catch-phrases and a positive call to action. Make recognition of your brand instant and memorable.
- Recognize Your VIPs – Every customer is important, but it’s a good idea to create special VIP service lines for those willing to pay more for extra services. This might be a priority status, faster time or some other special features. Basically, make sure you deliver real value for money.
- Offer Free Amenities – Even non-VIP customers deserve to feel well looked after. Some customers may wish to wait. Make sure they have free amenities, like Wi-Fi, coffee, and a comfortable waiting area.
- Reward Loyalty – A Loyalty Card scheme could provide extra discounts on things like food and drink while waiting, or after a certain number of visits. It gives customers a target to achieve, but it’s down to customers making savings that getting specific rewards for reaching set milestones.
- Website Quality – Even for a waterless car wash business, a website is a major marketing asset, where you have a chance to promote your brand and build a customer base. Avoid being too fancy, but make sure contact numbers are clear and well positioned, and call to action buttons are highly visible. There are lots of stats that prove a website’s worth, not least Google’s research showing 50% of mobile users who searched for a local store visited it within a day, and Brightlocal’s survey that revealed 88% of consumers trust online reviews. Read this article for more.
- After Sales Experience – Make your customers want to come back. A waterless car wash that delivers more than just a clean car is going to enjoy a high customer retention rate. If you clean the interior too, and add some air-freshener, customers will get the fresh feeling they probably haven’t had since buying the car new.