LUBRICATING MILL GEAR DEGREASER & CLEANERGEARZ-EP is a natural lubricant fortified with extreme pressure additives for lubricating, degreasing and cleaning of mill gears while operating under load.
- Directions for Use
- Shut off lube system to the gear and open inspection cover.
- Mount sprayer cover so nozzles (4-6) are equidistant apart and 12-18” from the gear face.
- Cover the inspection opening with plastic to reduce back spatter.
- Begin applying GEARZ-EP at approximately 10 liters (~2.5 US gals) per minute.
- Continuously monitor gear temperature with an infrared sensor.
- Monitor progress of grease removal with a strobe light.
- Start Grind out procedure when approximately 2/3 third of the grease has been removed.
- Maintain application of GEARZ-EP during removal of the final third of grease, since the GEARZ-EP is the only lubrication for the gears.
- Install inching device or crane to slowly rotate the mill.
- Rinse gear with high pressure (preferably hot) water wash and dilute (i.e. 1%) solution of HEAVYWEIGHT or WONDERSOL cleaner.
- Depending on the type of grease used, and the length of time from the last gear clean, some hand scraping may be required prior to inspection of the gears.
- Physical Properties
clear-yellow to amber-brown liquidpH (100%):
not applicable/ Specific Gravity:
mild/ Flash Point (PMCC):
- Technical Specs (ASTM D2783)
- Load Wear Index:
133.5/ Weld Point, kg:
Why Should You Count on Us?
Because we already have a reputation that is second to none, with a proven record our clients can bank on. So, why not buy products directly from the manufacturer other companies trust? Here are just a few.
…and hundreds more.